1. The purpose of the SDFLBA listserv is to serve our members. Only members of SDFLBA will be invited to participate in the listserv.
2. All information posted or accessed must be used for informational, educational, and professional purposes. The goal is to share information, to discuss cases, inquire how a judge may handle a fact pattern, discuss procedures, and how to promote civility and knowledge as it pertains to the practice of family law.
3. The list serve is not for self-promotion. If a member wants to promote something, the member should address SDFLBA for opportunities to sponsor events or to be on the SDFLBA website. There will be no commercial or unauthorized use of the listserv or the member list. The SDFLBA listserv may not be used for the unsolicited promotion of any non-SDFLBA goods or services. The only exceptions to this rule are requests for experts or information regarding office space for lease or those who have the permission of SDFLBA to promote an event.
4. The opinions expressed by SDFLBA members through the listserv do not reflect the opinions or policy positions of the SDFLBA. Individuals using the listserv are responsible for all content posted to the listserv.
5. Inappropriate information may not be posted to the listserv. SDFLBA monitors the listserv and will terminate a member’s access to the listserv for posts that are not appropriate. Posts deemed inappropriate by the SDFLBA will result in one warning to the member and the second warning will be a termination from the listserv for one year. SDBLA defines inappropriate posts to include, without limitation, posts that are unlawful, threatening, abusive, libelous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, profane, annoying, vexing, harassing, or otherwise objectionable, which also includes any transmissions consisting of or encouraging conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, do not promote the goals of professionalism and civility of our members, or otherwise violate any local, state, national or international law. ??
6. Listserv cannot be used to exchange information, services, materials or software in return for payment of any sort (trade of like items, special discounts, cash, etc.).
7. Content that encourages or solicits others to engage in anti-competitive activities, including attorney rate information, is not permitted.
8. Information may not be posted on the listserv about programs that offer Continuing Legal Education(CLE) credit that are not sponsored or co-sponsored by the SDFLBA, unless SDFLBA grants permission in advance for the post. SDFLBA may be contacted about any educational programs, including CLEs, presented by one of San Diego’s accredited law schools, the State Bar of California or any of its sections, the American Bar Association, or any law-related organizations for permission to post an event that is not sponsored or co-sponsored by the SDFLBA.
9. Redistribution or forwarding of the material posted by other members is not permitted without the express written permission of that member. Listserv messages may not be forwarded to non-SDFLBA members under any circumstances without approval of the SDFLBA. Distribution of materials or information via the listserv on behalf of a non-SDFLBA member is not permitted.
8. Any member who utilizes or participates in the SDFLBA listserv agrees to defend, indemnify and hold the SDFLBA harmless from and against any damages arising out of or resulting from that member’s online conduct on the listserv.
9. The SDFLBA's listserv rules and guidelines are subject to change and revision at any time without notice. SDFLBA will make every effort to announce substantive changes to the listserv rules and guidelines; however, it is each member’s responsibility to have knowledge of the SDFLBA listserv rules and guidelines.